The Victor Reader Trek, is a combination of the Victor Stream Talking Book Reader and Trekker Breeze GPS device, has 32GB of Internal memory, a faster processor, and the long-awaited Bluetooth capability. Read books from NLS/Bard, Audible.com, eBooks, etc, as well as the ability to download and listen to podcasts and internet radio stations!
Navigate The World around You And that latest Best Seller with One Consistent Physical Experience!
Today people everywhere consume content while traveling, but for someone who is blind or visually impaired physical keys plus a consistent user experience is so much more important while navigating outside with one hand already occupied by a cane or guide dog.
The Victor Reader Trek combines the world renowned simple book reading and media playback experience of the Victor Reader Stream with the navigation guidance technology found in the Trekker Breeze.
With the press of the online button you can toggle between the always-on Orientation guidance mode and offline or online book reading:
• Take a long bus ride and read books or listen to podcasts.
• Need to check where you are? Simply toggle to the orientation mode and press the “Where Am I” button.
• With the press of that one button, Trek will tell you:
• Your current nearest address
• Cardinal direction you are traveling
• Description of the next intersection. (Whether it is a 3 way or 4 way intersection, which streets go which direction and approximate distance)
• Next instruction if you are following a route
• Want to mark that specific intersection to return to on a future trip? Simply drop a voice tagged landmark and you can receive turn by turn directions to that exact point.
• Want to navigate to a specific address? Use Trek’s familiar telephone keypad to quickly type the address.
• If you don’t need to get off the bus, simply press the toggle button again and you will be back in your book or podcast exactly where you left off.
Trek provides specific pedestrian or vehicle instructions:
• Pedestrian directions ensures the user is not guided on major highways
• Vehicle instructions reduces the amount of details provided to the user so they can more easily direct a sighted driver
Trek specializes when you are in open area!
Navigating on a college campus or similar campus environments can be challenging if you are new to the environment. Trek offers options to make you feel immediately more comfortable.
• Drop voice tagged landmarks at each building you will be returning to and Trek will always provide you instructions to navigate there, even when no streets are found
• Administrators or Orientation and Mobility (O&M instructors can upload GPX files containing the exact locations of their buildings on that campus and add them to the Trek’s landmarks list
• Travel with confidence knowing that your landmarks will always be your points of reference
But this isn't just a merge of two products. It was designed as a product for the future of orientation:
The Victor Trek comes with long and short USB cables, 8GB SD card, a much improved protective silicone case, earphones, and wall charger plus the and a lanyard!